Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Visit to Mission

Hi, for those of you paying attention. I went and visited Don Shields today. He teaches animation at Mission College in Santa Clara and we had a great discussion about teaching Maya, including short cuts and his recommendations on course expectations, student workload and all sorts of other things. He invited me to go to an industry meet-up in SF tonight, but I wasn't prepared. I needed to come home, walk the dog, work on my book and so forth. Also of note is the Animation Boot Camp being offered by Wave Street Studios (on Cannery Row) and run by a woman named Jane Barrymore (I think). It looks like it's all traditional approaches, with pencil and sketchpad. Maybe I can talk Spencer Lindsay into doing a digital animation boot camp at CSUMB between semesters. If I can work it right, we may be able to offer it through extended ed and also set it up for course credit, though I'm not sure about the last part. More later on that. A course like that could offer you a chance to fine tune your skills, particularly with modeling and lighting, which are Spencer's strengths. Still a maybe. Stay tuned and tell your friends. I also need to get this blog onto Facebook but I haven't spent any time getting that done, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment