Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Conference Animation/video

Pardon the absence but I've been working very hard on the design video/animation for the New Media Conference here in Monterey, that starts tomorrow. I've got a working version posted that has some things I'd like to improve on (like the sound and the timing) but it's got the basic ideas in place. A short summary: There are rules and guidelines in 2D design. Because of all the screen content people engage (rather than print content), we need to revise the 2D rules to incorporate the concepts that screen display brings to the material we design. Screen design uses 2D concepts, plus it incorporates motion and the illusion of depth. Because so much commercial and editorial design content is moving from print to the screen, I think these are important ideas to deal with. I hope this makes a difference. Let me know what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment